Sunday, February 12, 2012

4 years ago today.....

4 years ago today.....I found out I was pregnant.  You can read about it all again HERE.  But, I vividly remember freaking out over my lunch break, carrying the test in a ziploc bag to work so I could "make sure it was still positive" - yes, oh yes, I did.  Just in case, y'all. You know. Maybe it was wrong and then it would turn negative or something. Well, it didn't. And I had to hide it from Mike for two days.  I was so cranky those two days too - poor hubby!  But then I broke the news on Valentine's Day and our life has never been the same.

Fast forward four years....and we have a spunky, energetic, healthy,  lively, compassionate, empathetic, go-getter little gal' named Bella Grace Smith.  My my, how four years certainly changes things.  We had no idea what we were doing or what we were getting into or how we would learn to be parents.  But, this little thing came into our life that taught us what to do and what to get into and how to be parents.

As I write this you and your daddy are singing songs before you go to bed - you're singing "Grace Grace, God's Grace", "Jesus loves me", "Twinkle, Twinkle", and "Blessed Be".  You are also singing "Hallelujah" which was the very first song your daddy taught you.  We definitely agree with the theme of that song - praising God for what we have in you!  Sweet Bella, you were loved four years ago (yes, even when yo' mama was freaking out a little bit) and you certainly still are! 


2 comments:

Sara said...

She is absolutely adorable & so glad I get to read about you gits through fb & your blogs! If you are every in town send me a message. You have a beautiful happy family :)

Mike and Emily said...

Thanks Sara! Is this Sara Hafner? I couldn't tell from the blogger profile. It's fun to keep track of these thins. And we'll def let you know if we're in town. If you ever want to come to Durham, you have a place to stay. =)
Emily