Thursday, October 20, 2011

Midterms and distractions: And a few other random things

I had my first midterms this past week - and i'm thankful they are over! If you know me, you know I am NOT a night person.  9pm hits and i'm done and ready to go to bed. But I think i'm having to adjust that since i'm in the PhD program with two kiddos. =)  Now Mike and I fix supper, play with the muchkins, put the kids down to bed and then I head to Starbucks at 9pm to study for a few hours.  So i'm proud of myself for staying awake while i'm there!  I have to leave the house to get any studying done these days...I blame it on these two cuties!
As a side note - told you this would be random - recognize that shirt? Yep, it's Bella's shirt.  And it's a 2T. what?
Ok, back to school.  This little cutie goes to school in the morning too. And she loves it!

Wednesdays are me and JT days.  Last week I studied all day long - well, I tried too.  Here's what our set-up looked like in the study.  LOTS of my papers and notes all over the floor.  And the cutie in his beloved jumparoo.
Here's what the desk looked like at the beginning of the day...more to come later.
Here's my life as a mommy PhD student.  I'm studying and I notice little "markings" on my paper and notecards. Do you see it? It's the markings of my daughter.  Some of my classmates have chuckled when they see my notes with scribbles ALL over them.  I love that reminder of Bella throughout the day though. 
The main culprit of distraction while i'm studying is because this little man will.not.stop.smiling!
Seriously, I look over at him and he's just staring at me - smiling!  So lots of playing ensues.  How could you not!
Here's what the desk looked like a couple of hours later....
And by the end of the day I was done.  JT was asking for me to take his picture because he was so cute - so I obliged.
Mooommmmm, why are we doing this again?


He loves his feet lately and wants them in his mouth as often as possible. 
When the other little cutie gets home from her school, my study time is officially over.  

I could go study if I want to.  But who wants to do that when you could play with her?
Another random note - my daughter made a smiley face out of her veggies the other night. I was so proud!
Don't you love this picture? I was trying to get a picture of JT's cute outfit and guessed who jumped in and said "CHEEEESSEEE".
We're off to the mountains now to enjoy the fall leaves and a little R&R!  Happy non-studying everyone!

No comments: