Thursday, October 13, 2011

Dear sweet Bella Grace,
I wanted to let you know how extremely proud I am of you!  You have been out of your own bed and your own home and your own normalcy for over five months and have done so well in adjusting!  You have been shuffled around to your Aunt Alli's house, both grandparents houses, hotels, and Mrs. Cathy's "resort".  You have been on car trips from New Mexico to Texas, from Texas to New Mexico, from Temple, Texas to Tyler, Texas, and then from Texas to Tennessee to North Carolina.  And have not missed a beat!
Your mommy and daddy are so proud of you in this!  Maybe this means you'll be a world traveler one day!
Throughout these last five months, your mommy and daddy have been busy with trying to figure out how to move, when to move, how to get a job, when to start school, where to live...and it has not always been easy or nonstressful!  We have had to fly across country without you and drive to various places without you. I don't think you minded at all though because you were being spoiled, uhhem - I mean loved on - by your fantastic grandparents!
Sweet girl, you are about to turn three and I just want to squeeze you to pieces.  Your little personality is coming out in very comical and sometimes challenging ways. You are independent and very strong!  And we love that about you - although we are learning how to channel that properly. ha!  Through those challenging times, you seem to come up for a quick hug or a kiss - and, yes - you make your parents melt when you do this.
This year, your mommy started her PhD program.  So this means that i've had some major moments of self doubt and thoughts of being overwhelmed and feelings of "I can't do this".  But, I can't tell you how much I love coming home to you and your daddy and your little brother.  When I hear you say, "Mommy!" and come to give me a hug or a kiss when I don't expect it or when you just want to snuggle - my thoughts of self doubt seem to go away for a little bit.  Your middle name is Grace and you are one very special way to God to remind me of His Grace and to not forget to give myself some grace through life.
 Sweet girl, I'm so proud of you and how you've adapted to "brudder".  You want to mother him (sometimes too much) and help him when he's crying.  You sometimes put him in time-out but that doesn't last long.  Most of the time you want to play and smile and say "look at me, brudder".  It's so sweet seeing your little brother smile at you when he sees you across the room.  You certainly make alot of us smile when we also see you!  If you had a nickel for every time your daddy and I looked at eachother and said, "She is so sweet - precious - pretty" you would be rich!
 Lately, you like to come get ready with me in the morning while i'm headed to school.  You like to put on my makeup and high heels.  You also hand me some high heels to wear so we can match - which is quite an outfit when i'm still in my pj's.
 I simply love to be with you and love what you teach me.   School work has been busy. House hunting and moving has been busy. Unpacking has been busy. Life has been busy.  Your hugs, presence, smile, and requests to read your Elmo book "one more time" reminds me of the precious things in life that are worth slowing down for.  The other night I crawled in bed with you while you were sleeping to simply hear you breathe and cuddle one more time.  I thanked God for the precious gift He gave in a daughter as sweet, spunky, hilarious, and beautiful as you.  Thank you for being you, sweet Bella Grace. Thank you for being grace to me.

The other night after we sang songs, I cuddled for a little longer and told you I loved you.  You responded with "I know".  Sweet thing, I hope you always know that!  I still melt when I think of that moment.
Love you,
Your mommy

1 comment:

The Reeds said...

So precious Emily. She's just gorgeous and seems equally as sweet. And yes.. YOU CAN DO IT!

Or at least the one who strengthens you can. ;) Keep it up.