Monday, February 7, 2011

My Super Bowl Date

Last year, we started a family tradition to watch the Super Bowl at home. Well, we had planned to go watch it with lots of friends but Bella got an ear infection so we stayed home. But we made a picnic on the floor and actually had a great time. I normally don't watch football because there are usually lots of other people around - and when that happens you just have to talk, right?!? But with Bella in bed and it only being Mike and I we were actually able to watch the game. And I liked it!

Fast forward to this year and we had the same tradition. Mike wasn't able to join us for the first little bit because one of our dear friends from our church in Milano passed away on Thursday and the viewing was tonight. That was certainly more important than the game anyways.

So, it was just us gals. Oh sorry little guy! And the little boy that is nice and cozy is his to-be-home for the next 3ish months. It was just us gals that were able to talk about the game. So, Bella and I got our traditional picnic attire out - complete with football game food. Carrots, cucumbers, cheese, avacodos and apples. (What? That's not what you had?)


Let me tell you. Watching the game with a two year old is an EXPERIENCE! It was hysterical. She would mimic everything I said over and over and over.


"Oh man!"

"Ouch!"

"Whoa!"
"Oh no!"

"Mommy, oh man!"

"Mommy, ouch!"

"Mommy, Whoa!"
"Mommy, oh no!"

The.Whole.Game! It really was actually pretty cute though. She came and sat in my lap and, while looking up at me, would say "Mommy! Ochown (read: Touchdown)" or "Mommy! Elmo?" or "Mommy! Ouch!". She actually sat down for a while in my lap and I was not moving. I'll take that cuddle time whenever it comes! Here's a cute pic of our little football player mimicing what she was seeing the players do on TV. (Because she mimics everything, we changed the station for all commercials.)


Here she is while saying "Ochdown!" She learned to throw her hands up by yours truly! Then she would usually follow it with lots of "woohoo!"
We then had a great time taking self portraits. I would tell her to come smile and she would "bonk" her head next to mine and laugh so hard when she would see the picture!

My sweet little football date!

No comments: