Monday, March 15, 2010

A letter to my daddeo. From Emi.

Dear Daddeo (that's what I call my dad),
There are many things in life you taught me.
-To never say "never" or "I can't" which has tremendously impacted my life, my work, and my overall disposition. You can ask my husband or my boss.
-To love all people of all types of all beliefs of all everythings.
-To be kind.
-To go for the "stars" (remember when you told me that in the fourth grade) regardless of how far they are.
-To be slow to speak.
-To love nature, being outside, hiding in trees.
-To appreciate feeling different flowers and shrubs (remember lambs ears or spearmint).
-To take time to enjoy the small things, to walk slower, and smell the air. ("Girls, take a deep breath")

But, through all of these, and they all are important and no doubt have made me the person I am today, perhaps one lesson stands out. One lesson I was able to teach my daughter today.

You taught me how to give fish-kisses.

I grew up giving you fish-kisses and getting them back. I've been working on teaching your granddaughter fish-kisses for a while. But, all she's been interested in doing is sticking her finger in my mouth when I do it. Except for tonight! She has now learned (well, semi learned) the art of fish-kisses. I look forward to you being here to receive a fish-kiss from your daughter and granddaughter. A word of warning, though - your granddaughter gives slobbery kisses in general.

Love you,
Emi (that's what my daddeo calls me)

PS: I look forward to you teaching her how to catch rainbows in your hand.

No comments: