Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Long overdue videos and an update

This is a long overdue posting of Christmas videos of Bella walking. She is now walking/running/walking/running all over the place. So, these are outdated. But, they are too cute not to post.

Here she is with Grammy and PawPaw in Houston.


Here she is with Nana and Granddad in Lovington. The red chair was my great-grandmothers (MawMaw) and was given to her by her daddy. So, Bella's Great-Great-Great Grandfather.


Other things going on in the Smith Household:
1. She is saying "thank you" (she started that at the beginning December - I just kept forgetting to post it), "three" (said that today), "love you"...plus, lots of babbling! Her first word(s), other than mommy and daddy, was "thank you". Hopefully, she's that polite later in life! It also seems like she is having full conversations that only she understands. Of course, we try to talk back and just agree with her. She's probably trying to get her way - but, that's ok.
2. She is no longer crawling and is full blown running at times. She'll try to get to the doors before we do because she knows we won't let her go in certain rooms during the day - little stinker!
3. She has another bottom tooth (happened last week - I told y'all - i'm behind on this blogging thing). That makes 8 - 4 top and 4 bottom.
4. Her hair is LONG! Business in the front and partay in da' back! Yes, people. The mullet is here but only on one side. (Is that a 'ullet'? I digress.) The sheers are about to come out. Of course, i've been in denial about this for a while so I may need moral support (uh hem - My mom and Momma S) to help me cope/know what i'm doing.
5. I am learning that I have a toddler...uhm, maybe denial again? It's so weird to me when she comes to find me when i'm another room and just walks right in. What? Where did you learn to do that, cutie-pie!
6. She started giving hugs this week! We are EATING THOSE UP! We can even ask for them on demand and get them. You'll ask for a hug and she'll put her little head on your shoulder. Awww, life is good.
7. She is completely on table food - except for the two feedings of milk I still give her. I'm trying to get her through the wintery months with breastfeeding so we're down to two a day - the first and last of the day. She is refusing anything given to her by the spoon and wants to do. it. by. herself.
8. She likes to put things in boxes/tupperware/bins/bowls and take them back out. Over and over again. She also picks up her toys and puts them in the basket we have in our living room. I don't necessarily think she is picking-up-after-herself (yet, we, as any parent, thinks she's brilliant). I think she's organized or neat or something like that...I don't know. I'm a first time parent so all babies may do this too!
9. She loves to stand up behind you when you're sitting on the ground and play peek-a-boo. I'll turn around real quick and say "boo" and lots of laughter/running away will ensue.

Well, that's all for now. I hope you enjoyed the videos and until next time, have a great 2010!

3 comments:

Patti said...

I love the videos and hearing her giggle--over and over and over. I love the details about her "firsts" and development. Of course she is brilliant. too cute! Oh how we love her

ashley said...

oh my, so sweet! we are going to have to work on thank you- I've been trying to work on "hot" and "hi" but so far we only have "ah" and "dye"
she is just precious- I love the videos, especially the one where she is "running" away from your dad. that laugh just made my day!

Grammy Smith said...

PRICELESS!!! LOVE IT!