Saturday, December 12, 2009

And, we're done

Mike is f.i.n.a.l.l.y done with the semester. Can I get an AMEN? Or a 'what what'? Or 'holla'? Or how about all together! Go ahead - AMEN 'what what' 'holla'. It's been a tough semester for him with four graduate classes and commuting 45 minutes one way to school and having a family to come home to and hang out with. But, he did it. 70+ pages written, numerous tests and quizzes and book reports and...you get the picture. So, today we celebrated by spending the entire day with eachother. Mike, myself and Bella. We slept in, cooked breakfast, worked on Christmas cards, caught up on TV shows, went Christmas shopping, cleaned house, cooked supper, did laundry, played and played and played...awwww, what a Saturday needs to be. Near perfect! The past few months, Mike has spent the majority ofthe weekends (and 2-3 weeknights through the week) in the library at Baylor studying, sometimes coming home at 11 or 12pm. So, to have him here all day with uninterrupted time was fantastic! Yay for Christmas break. From the picture, Bella enjoys having him home too...but, probably not as much as Mike enjoys having a break (you can tell that from the picture too - I caught him with his eyes kindof shut but the next few pictures are of Bella having an I-want-down fit...so this is the best of the batch).
On another note, do anyone of you watch Glee? Does my child remind you of anyone -namely, Sue? Not the personality (hopefully) but the outfit. Love it! I can't help but laugh when Bella wears her Nike mommy-marathon-training outfit and think of Sue on Glee.

1 comment:

The Reeds said...

Amen! What what!! HOLLA!!!!!!!


I threw in that Holla for fun! ;)

I don't watch Glee but the outfit is really cute... Half of the time I wish I could wear baby clothes.. they're always so cute!