Thursday, December 3, 2009

13 month update

I know i'm behind on this. But, we were celebrating Thanksgiving when Bella celebrated her 13-month-iversary. So, I "attempted" to capture pictures with her and the giraffes. Next time...i'll wait until there are two of us to "attempt". But, for now here's her update.
Start of the photoshoot - "Uh, oh. I see something I want."

"Hmm, maybe I can reach it."
"Nope I'm going to go for it." (Notice I moved the giraffes thinking I could get a picture of her this way....Do you think it worked?)
Nope, didn't work. She likes to pull her clothes out of her drawers more.
"Mom, you want me to what? Hug the giraffes?"
"How's this?" (Notice I tried to move the giraffes again to get a good picture.)
And, here are other pictures from this week that were too cute not to post. Well, too cute to her daddy and I...and the grandparents that like to know e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. So, the actions documented in the following pictures are really for the grandparents to know the play by play action of Miss B's every move.
She is saying her "g" and "l" syllables. She likes to stick her tongue out and makes a "bluh" noise. She'll walk around doing this, looking like a little lizard. She also likes to say "ahh-ghee"...something like that. I guess you get the picture. LOTS of talking! She is taking more and more steps on her own too. A couple of days before Thanksgiving she took her official "first" step from me to Mike. Then, at Thanksgiving she took a couple in a row with my mom and cousin Jamie. Now, she's getting much better and standing and then taking off to a person with their arms out. She'll breath really quick and take off! It's too cute. She also likes to open and close doors.


Look at how long her hair is!
She's happy because her daddy is about to finished with this semester of school. And, so am I! And, so is he!
She likes to walk under the table and push all the chairs around. She pushed a chair to the other side of the kitchen the other night when I was cleaning up the kitchen. Makes a lot of noise but it keeps her occupied for a while.
I think she has found her hair. She'll raise her hands, feel her hair, and then throw her hands down to her side. Usually all of this is accompanied by various noises.
And, here she is sitting on her feet and smiling! She'll clasp her hands like in the picture and "wave" them up and down and side to side. Then, she'll clap them to "if you're happy and you know it clap your hands".
She likes to eat those strawberry-banana puff things that are really flavored air. She will stick as many as I would give her in her mouth and then "chew" with her teeth. She pats her mouth too when she's done or wants more.
And, I couldn't resist posting a bath picture. She looks so excited, doesn't she. This look is usually accompanied by various noises too.
And, I leave you with a wintery-picture! A cold front blew in this week! yay! I love winter and hopefully we'll get snow tomorrow. So, I went out and bought her these boots. Cute, huh!

5 comments:

ashley said...

she has changed so much! love the bath pic and her curly hair. it seems like she didn't have much hair and then a few posts later had curls! I hope that happens to grace- thanks for the update, even if it was for the grandparents!

The Reeds said...

Oh my goodness.. .those little boots and curls are too much!!

The Reeds said...

Hey! I gave you a blog award! Come check it out. I've loved "reconnecting" on this blog and getting to know you better. I'm so glad you blog!!

Keep running- you'll be my inspiration to be a running mommy!

Unknown said...

Umm the picture of Bella sitting on the couch looks JUST LIKE Michael when he was little! Holy cow, crazy! :)

ashley said...

hey friend, I don't have your email but I wanted to reach you and ask about cloth diapers. Don't you use them? can you call me sometime or email and let me know more about them? I know I could google them, but I want a mom's advice on them! where to buy, what to buy, how they work...806.786.7186 or ribbonsandbows23@yahoo.com