Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Just an update

Bella went to her grandparents in Houston this past weekend. It was the first time she was away for two nights in a row. And, it was quiet! Mike and I enjoyed dinner and going to a movie. (We saw 'The Blind Side' which I highly recommend.) We slept in, I hung out with my sister, he worked on a paper allll saturday and sunday, we had a fire, I cooked soup and homemade cheese bread...it was a great, relaxing weekend with one another. But, we sure were happy to have our loud little gal home! Numerous times through the weekend we would comment on how quiet the house was. We didn't hear her jabber and babble and toy walker and hands crawling across the floors. Is that what it sounded like pre-baby? We met his parents at our thanksgiving service in Milano on Sunday night and enjoyed singing and eating with eachother. Thanks Grammy and PawPaw for the much needed break!

I had my first "I need a break" week. I never understood why people said they felt for me because I work full time, have a child, and my husband is in seminary (who has 3 large papers due this week and next week). Well, last week I understood. It's amazing what a little time off from the daily duties of life will do for you. I'm sure i'm not the only momma out there who feels like this and just needs a break!

Some firsts for the week include:
1. She's saying her "y", "l", and "h" syllables. It now sounds like she's saying "hi" and is rolling her tongue out when she says an "l". It really seems like she is having a conversation with us.
2. She is clapping to "if you're happy and you know it clap your hands". (I've been working on that one for a while.)
3. She is waving hi and bye.
4. She continues to be a great eater. I have not completely weaned her yet but that's ok. No hurry from this mom!

Here's some pictures from her time with the grandparents.


No comments: