Saturday, August 29, 2009

10 month update!

Happy 10 months to Bella - Happy 10 months to Bella - wait, what? We are now in the double digits!

One of her new favorite things to do is play peek-a-boo. Even when we're not there she'll play with herself. We'll hear her in the monitor in the morning playing it by herself in the crib. Or we'll catch her in her play yard playing peek-a-boo with the air. She'll turn her face ("You can't see me") and then turn around ("Here I am") and laugh or squeal with a raspy voice. Yes, it is so much fun! The little stinker loves it - and, she loves it when we hide underneath covers or a towel or a blanket or her clothes or anything else to "hide" and then pop out. Here's the play by play action of peek-a-boo.

Where's Bella?
There she is! (Imagine a cute raspy voice trying to squeal and mimic her momma's laugh when she says 'Peek-a-boo')
Then we stand up instead of playing peek-a-boo behind the bumbo.
As you can tell from the pictures we are beyond the point of being able to set her down and know she won't move. Now she wants to move and stand up all the time! Hence, we bought the monster play area that is big enough for her to feel like she has all the room in the world but small enough to fence her in the living room and give her "boundaries".
"I wonder if I can get out of here" - Then, she'll usually proceed to lick the sides. Yes, we are still licking everything in sight!

Another "firsts" from this month is she loves to play in the kitchen. I can have the floor COVERED in toys and teething rings and blocks and place one tupperware top on the floor - what does she goes for? You got it - the tupperware. So, I loaded a bottom drawer (that she can now open) with all my tupperware and she goes to town. It keeps her occupied during dinner preparation or washing dishes.

I tried to get a picture while she was playing in the drawer. This is as good as I got the first try - she's quick!

Try two - Success! Notice the tupperware lids scattered around - and notice that cute smile!Bath time still is some of the best times. She LOVES to splash and splash. I'll also get a bowl of water and pour it slowly in front of her. She'll try to grab it and then laugh when she splashes herself in the face.
Smiling at daddy!
Rubber Ducky fun!
Look at those eyes! She's making the raspy laugh when she looks like that.
Now that she is M.O.B.I.L.E. she will wiggle around in her bed until she can't stand it anymore. Notice the next picture? Case in point.

She now weighs 18.5 pounds (50th percentile) and is 28 inches long (50th percentile). She still has her baby "tummy" that is so cute! But I can tell a little of it is going away. What? They grow up? No one told me that!

Until next time have a great day! Here are her 10 month pictures - with and without her flower. We had to be quick to get any with her flower on!

5 comments:

ashley said...

so, so sweet! I love the big playpen and hearing all about her latest updates. She is such a doll, especially your new header pic!

Grammy Smith said...

Priceless - all of your pictures are priceless! I can't wait to get some of those slobbery kisses again! Thanks for sharing.

Patti said...

oh so precious. love the playpen and bath pix. miss her sooooo much love nana

Patti said...

I love the little sundress on her

The Reeds said...

Emily, Thanks for much for your words of encouragement. They're always so uplifting and perfectly timed. I really appreciate it. You're definitely not alone! It's always wonderful to meet kindred hearts who are like minded and striving to be more Christ like. Aside from that what else is there?? Nothing!

And keep running! You are my running role model! I'm definitely in a tight spot since school started... but won't give up!