Monday, January 12, 2009

Birthdays and a cute baby!!!

My sister and I celebrated our 28 birthday this weekend!! We had a great time at a party with friends and family at Allison's house on Friday night. And, then had a special sister-date at Starbucks on Sunday. We decided to each make eachother's cake with an "E" and an "A" on it. I made Allison a chocolate cake with the "A" spelled with Hershey kisses and Allison made me a vanilla cake (with yummy homemade icing...mine was a can) with an "E" spelled with strawberries. Even though the strawberries were sliding you could still tell it was an "E". It was a fun weekend and i'm so glad she's 1.5 miles away to celebrate with eachother. We haven't had a real celebration like that with one another in 10 years! So, it was memorable. Love ya sista-friend!












When I got home from the sista-date, Mike had a special present for me. Last year on my birthday he bought me the Willowtree figurine of a pregnant lady. We weren't expecting Bella yet but he said it was "hoping" for a baby. This year, with Bella here, he bought me the Willowtree figurine of the mother holding a baby. What a difference a year makes. It was so sweet and it's neat looking back at where we were a year ago on my birthday. Thanks babe! And, here are some Bella pics of tummy time!! Cute, cute, cute. She's getting really strong and is scooting herself over on her play mat and is nearly rolling over. We'll keep you posted!





4 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh man, Emily. That kiddo COMPLETELY looks like daddy. Actually, I'm pretty sure I saw him make those same faces while we were in college, usually when Kelly said something shocking. :o)

ashley said...

Happy late birthday! I just love the bella pics! Maybe she could call up grace and give her some tummy time pointers. Seriously, my child still HATES it. She won't be havin any of it!!

Allison Hogue said...

:) That b-day was so much fun! It was the best yet! Thanks for the awesome cake instead of mine that I made for you that said, EEEEEEE. :) Love you and your new little one so much

Mark & Beth said...

Happy belated birthday Emily! I can't believe that Bella is getting so big, and I have yet to meet her (or you) :). I am blown away at how expressive Bella is!