Friday, February 13, 2015

Christmas with Neena and Granddad

My parents came to North Carolina in late November for my sister's first baby. yay for Fischer! I'll have an entire blog about that. But, y'all, he's a cutie! After the sweet Fischer Hughes was born, my parents came to our house. And we had a great time! My Dad read the Advent book while he was here (yes, I teared up every time), we made cookies, Dad and Jonathan made a gingerbread train, and we all just enjoyed one another. We went to a Christmas Eve service where Mike preached one of the most beautiful sermons on Christmas ever and came home to get ready for Santa. We put the cookies and milk out. Bella insisted on putting carrots out for all the reindeer except Rudolph - because Rudolph wasn't real. ha! Then as we were headed to bed, JT got sick. Poor little guy and on Christmas Eve! So we spent the evening getting him settled on a pallet. After he finally went to sleep, we put the Santa toys out and waited until morning. He was much better, thankfully, but Bella got sick a few days later. So, we weren't able to go to my sister's house and all be together. We were still so thankful to have our family here for the holidays. It's just not the same without family!








No comments: