Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Fall is here!

Y'all, fall is here in North Carolina. And that can only mean one thing (or a few). I get annoyingly giddy about all things outside - leaves changing, clouds moving, beautiful garden mums, leaves changing. My poor family. If they had a nickel for every time I made them go outside and look at the sky or breathe the fresh air. Now my kids sound like me when we go outside. "Oh, mommy! It's just wonderful out here". ha! Coming from a five year old with a dramatic flair is adorable! Needless to say, we are out a lot. My sweet husband humors me when I make him open the front door and just look at, uhm, nothing actually. Just the sky and clouds at sunset. He does every time too without complaint. That guy, so sweet you guys.

Anywho, I love fall. Did I mention that? I felt like I wanted to break out in a Disney song (or some other really cheery song) when I walked into Lowes. I guess it's because I grew up where we didn't experience leaves changing. Or because I have a bit of dramatic flair myself. Either way, we are happy campers with pumpkins and mums and scented candles and windows open.

Here's my 12 year old, I mean 3 year old, Jonathan. His daddy took him for a haircut and I think it's adorable. But it makes him look so much older so I am partially sad about it.
This little guy loves his cars and had to have them all lined up perfectly on the courtyard steps.

Then we went hunting for leaves.
After Mike got home from work, I went inside to make supper. This is the scene I saw when I went to check on everyone. Bella is probably singing "Let it go" and dancing in the courtyard while these two guys play with cars. Notice the door is open. Told ya I keep everything open in the fall!
Our courtyard and front yard are in full bloom with mums, pansies, hostas, roses, spiria, begonias, and daisies. It's so pretty right now out there.


Bella is on intercession from her school so I've enjoyed having her home for the whole day. She is becoming a great tree climber!


And they both like to hunt for spiders.
I hope everyone has some time to run and play and enjoy the beautiful weather! We sure are!


No comments: