Friday, January 21, 2011

6.5 months!

What? Did I just say that? I can't believe we're at 6.5 months! I thought Bella was a mover and a shaker in utero. But this little boy is MOVING ALL THE TIME! We are going to have our hands full. Bella would punch and kick. But this little guy punch/rolls/kicks all at one time. I don't know what he's doing because it's so forceful. Uh oh. We'd better get ready. I'm still running and feeling fine in general. He wakes me up sometimes at night because he's kicking. Then i'll roll over and he seems to calm down. wow! Little man wants his space! It's pretty much following my pregnancy with Bella. The only difference I can think of is this little boy is much lower than Bella was. Maybe i'll be waddling towards the end?!? woohoo!

I'm still craving meat and cheese, like I did with Bella. But I also crave vegetables and big salads at strange times and those cravings are increasing. Hmmm, with a little girl I craved the meat/potatoes and with our little boy I'm craving salads? weird! Bella ate three pieces of cheese last night before bedtime so we'll see if our little man wants to eat 13 carrots before bedtime.

Here's an updated picture. I'm 5 pounds lighter at this point than I was with Bella. I'm not eating or exercising differently. So, it must be because the little man is moving so much. (Sorry about the quality of this picture. It was taken with my phone since our main camera is out of juice.)


And here's where I was with Bella. Did I really have my hair that short? Do y'all like it? (Come on you blog stalkers...feel free to comment away!)

People are FINALLY coming up and asking me if i'm pregnant. "YES!!!!". Then they ask if we're about 3 months. booo! All kidding aside, he is healthy and I am healthy so all is well in the Smith Household.

At our 6 month doctors appointment all of our measurements and heartbeats went great! Our doctor went to find his heartbeat and he kicked the doppler! When he did his heart rate spiked to 160 and then came back down to the normal 140. She was impressed by this because typically babies don't do that type of activity until 7-8 months. Little over-achiever!

And lastly, we've taught Bella how to say "Hi Bro" and she'll wave to my stomach. She can say brother but i'm teaching her "bro" since it's more ghetto. ha! Can I get a what what up in heaareer?

2 comments:

Gaidusek Gang said...

Glad to hear that y'all are both healthy! Your long locks look great!

Amanda said...

Emily - You look great!!! I like your hair both ways... short is super cute!